Sunday, August 15, 2010

PIKA-DON

I got my first copy of my graphic novel in the mail today! Pika-Don is the result of the third year of the Stanford Graphic Novel Project, and the finest to date, if I do say so myself. It's the true story of three days in the life of Tsutomu Yamaguchi, a double survivor of the atomic bomb who later became a poet, painter, and activist for world peace, and who passed away last year. Props to all my fellow collaborators on the project, I'm so proud of you all.

Here's a couple stills as a preview, you can also check it out at pika-don.com. We're giving the first run (printed by Stanford) away for free, then all the money from when we (fingers crossed) get it picked up by a comics imprint will go to charity relating to nuclear non-proliferation. If you want to hear more, check out this video from SiCa, the Stanford Arts Initiative.





No comments:

Post a Comment