Thursday, November 4, 2010

Collab v3


Third edition of COLLAB today, and the inspiration for the day was Steve Henderson. We got to hear a song and then worked while Ryan Edwards played some of his beats in the background. Some folks jammed on guitar, piano, and ukulele, some drew, and some cut out paper flowers. I worked on another hyper landscape from a very strange dream I had a few nights ago involving a rural Georgia road and the car piece from Monopoly. I've also been hard at work on a series of new cartoons for the Sick Cartoons series, which hopefully I'll be showing on November 16th for a small art majors show and dinner in the Sculpture Lab. First though I need to find myself some traffic cones and caution tape. I've also got a project in the works for February in collaboration with a music major, more info on that coming when it gets put together more formally. It's been a slow week since my discovery that nudity really does draw a lot of hits to your website, but the next few weeks are going to have a ton of activity in them, hopefully both in terms of events and work that I'll be getting started or finished. Anyhow, here's some pics and a sketch from this week's COLLAB:



No comments:

Post a Comment