Saturday, March 12, 2011

Open Studio


Friday was the first ever end of quarter open studio in the art department. I showed off the working version of my photosynthesizer for the first time (I'll have photos and video later this week), and there was a lot of other great work up, including my favorite piece which I stumbled upon accidentally. Tam King built an "Air Haus" in the air conditioning system of the art building, a little breezy apartment complete with radio, television, kettle and book by Emily Post. I wandered up there when I saw the trapdoor was open and I was curious-- it turned out to be a whole installation. A lot of fun, though I'm pretty sure I'm going to get mesothelioma from being up in the ceiling.

The rest of the pictures are of work by all sorts of people in the department-- Not sure who all the credits go to but some of them are pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment